Nowadays, we all seem to be leading very busy lives and not having enough home time!
This also means, that trying to keep your home clean and tidy in the short time you have, can end up being quite difficult.
Try these 5 tips to cut your cleaning time:
Freshen up in a flash
You can keep your rooms smelling fresher by sprinkling the carpets with baking soda, just before you go to bed.
When you wake up in the morning all you need to do is give the carpets a quick hoover and this will leave you with nice fresh smelling rooms.
Overnight Oven Cleaner
Get some oven cleaner applied to your oven and the end of the day and leave overnight, this way you will cut down all that scrubbing time!
We would recommend using a mixture of white vinegar and baking soda as a quick and easy oven cleaning solution.
- Moisten the inside of the oven with a sprinkling of water
- Apply a thick layer of baking soda and let it sit for 2-3 hours
- Spray vinegar on the baking soda and watch it fizz into action right before your eyes
- Then, just leave overnight and wipe clean with a cloth, sponge or kitchen roll in the morning
Scrub a dub dub
The bath and/or shower is one of those things that we use every single morning and evening, so keeping it clean is very important.
There is one quick tip that can save you a large amount of time when it comes to giving your house a weekend clean.
- Buy a mini squeegee and micro fibre cloth, and keep them on the side in the bathroom
- When finished in the shower, use the squeegee to remove the excess water on the shower door
- Also, give the bath a quick rinse with the cloth, wring it out and leave to dry
Multi-tasking while chatting
I’m sure this one will only be for the ladies, because being a male myself, multi-tasking is quite difficult for me!
If you have that one friend or family member that insists on chatting on the phone for an hour every night, pop the phone on loudspeaker or connect it to Alexa and arm yourself with a cleaning cloth.
Go around the room dusting all of the surfaces and getting rid of cobwebs with a feather duster.
Kids can clean too
Teaching your kids responsibility at a young age is important for growing up, and cleaning the house is one of those things that needs to be taught.
Give them small chores at first, like dusting the surfaces or hoovering the lounge, and then eventually move them over to bigger chores once they are older.
With these 5 tips in your pocket, you will have a lot more time in your life to spend with the family or even get 5 minutes more to yourself!
If you want even more time and don’t want to clean at all, then pick up the phone and call your local Merry Maids to organise a weekly or fortnightly clean.
Find your local Merry Maids here.